Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Untitled

It's been a month. There are days that I can let pass by without a single thought, only to be reminded at 4pm that it's time for Tequila to have his heart pill.

There are mornings I wake up in tears because I dream about that day again. What could have been done differently. What if it had been something minor. How I could have fucking saved him.

Our cat is depressed and missing him. I know that sounds stupid, but it is true. She looks for him constantly. She's become more vocal, which I think is her way of trying to be as loud as he could be. She goes into our building's hallway and sits and waits. It breaks my heart because I cannot make her understand at all that Tequila isn't coming back.

I want to say so much about his little life, but I still get too damned emotional to go into too much detail. Poke at me in another month. In the meantime, have some pictures instead. He was such a hamball.



First picture I ever took of him. Ready to go home with us after being a stray in California. Best gift my sister ever gave us (she's the one who found him). 2007



.

Chilling with his cousin Rocky in 2010.



Guarding his boy in 2011.



No idea. Just a dingus.



LOL



Double LOL



Future frenemies.



Plotting world domination.



This was taken on August 26th of this year, two days before we let him go. Looking at it now, I guess you can see that he looked tired and sad. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

I'll end there.

No comments:

Post a Comment