Thursday, November 21, 2013

All Day Fuckery


1. No sleep all night due to massive amounts of acid moving around in my stomach.  Get up in major pain and decide to hit the ER.  On way there, call lap band clinic to leave a message about what is happening.  They call back later and ask why I didn't go to the clinic instead of the ER.  Um, because you fuckers weren't open yet?  Duh?

2. Spend almost all day there.  Another Upper GI, some tests, and a little cup of Mylanta with lidocaine.  Lovely numb feeling that takes away the ass taste of the barium.  Nothing is decided, except that I need to have an endoscopy, because it might be ulcers or it might be my lap band eroding into my stomach.  Joy.

3. Try to call the gastroenterologist to schedule an appointment for an endoscopy.  No answer.  Walk over there (since it is close to the hospital), and ask to make an appointment.  Told to wait until the nurse comes out to collect other patients.  Thirty minutes later, I finally see her, only to be told that the insurance might not cover it because the HMO medical group didn't refer me there.  Lovely.

4. Feeling pissed off and annoyed and just tired of all of this bullshit, I went to have a bite to eat at the McDonald's next door to the gastro's office while I waited for my husband to come get me.  I hadn't eaten all day, and wasn't really hungry, but I knew I needed something in my stomach.  Right as I settled in with my chicken wrap, some fucking asshole knocked over this Sikh gentleman's tray and stole his laptop.  A bunch of people chased him, but the little fucker got away.  You have to be a shitty assed bastard to rob a Sikh.  I hope the dude got hit by a car on the interstate.

5. Go to Walgreens to pick up maximum strength Mylanta and Pepcid and a prescription of Nexium.  The insurance won't pay for the Nexium, so I have to go with Prevacid.  Just want to beat my head against the wall.

So yeah.  Still no idea what is going on with my body.  Still want the band out.  Still want answers.  Still want this damned burning to stop.

FUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment